2021 STAMPEDE CHASE THE ACE License # 579441, #574492
REVISED JULY 14, 2021
RULES & REGULATIONS
Age Limit - Raffle tickets cannot be sold to person(s) under 18 years of age. Should a minor (under 18 years of age) win a prize, it would be held in trust by the legal guardian of the Winner until the age of 18, and the Public Trustee Office would be notified.
Calgary Exhibition and Stampede Limited personnel, defined as, Regular full-time employees Members of the Stampede Lotteries Committee Volunteers and Stampede Board members ARE NOT PERMITTED to purchase lottery tickets Members of a family living with Regular full-time employees a Lottery Committee Volunteer or Stampede Board member ARE NOT PERMITTED to purchase lottery tickets. All other employees including regular part-time, limited term, seasonal or casual ARE PERMITTED to purchase lottery tickets. All other volunteers (except as excluded above) ARE PERMITTED to purchase lottery tickets.
Minimum number of tickets sold before draw date extended or raffle cancelled – not applicable
No refunds on ticket purchases.
FIRST PRIZE DRAW JACKPOT
- 25% of the current pot total AND qualification for a SECOND PRIZE DRAW with an opportunity to win an additional 25% of the current jackpot.
SECOND PRIZE DRAW JACKPOT
- 25% of the current pot total [to be awarded only if ANY ACE is drawn—see draw procedure below.]
The Prize draw follows a strict set of procedures, with draw control oversight by BUMP 5050 and under licensing approval by the licensing body, Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC).
For the FIRST PRIZE DRAW:
- For the INITIAL SALES PERIOD: One (1) FIRST PRIZE DRAW on July 9, 2021
- For the DAILY SALES PERIOD of July 10th through 18th: One (1) FIRST PRIZE DRAW per day
- For the WEEKLY SALES PERIOD commencing July 19th through September 26: One (1) FIRST PRIZE DRAW per week (occurring Sunday).
Following the end of each SALES PERIOD, a FIRST PRIZE DRAW will occur between 11:00-11:30 PM to select one (1) winner at random. Each FIRST PRIZE DRAW is open to ticket holders from ONLY from start of SALES PERIOD until FIRST PRIZE DRAW sales cut-off (11:00PM) and will be completed using RNG.
The winner will be notified by phone or email by the Calgary Stampede Lotteries Committee detailing what they have won and where they can claim their prize. The name, city and winning ticket number of the winner will be published on the Calgary Stampede Lotteries website.
For the SECOND PRIZE DRAW:
After EACH FIRST PRIZE DRAW a recorded and witnessed SECOND PRIZE DRAW will take place in which a single sealed envelope will be drawn by a representative of the Calgary Stampede Lotteries from the secured drum and the envelope’s contents revealed.
At the start of the raffle, 52 playing cards from a standard deck containing 4 Aces will be sealed into envelopes and placed in the draw drum. The drum and its contents will then be secured for the remainder of the licensed event.
The SECOND PRIZE DRAW will be held between 7:00AM – 8:00AM on the morning following the FIRST PRIZE DRAW. The winner of the FIRST PRIZE DRAW will be invited to witness the SECOND PRIZE DRAW, if available.
ANY ACE playing card revealed in the envelope drawn will result in the awarding of the SECOND PRIZE JACKPOT.
ANY NON-ACE playing card revealed in the envelope drawn will result in NO ADDITIONAL PRIZE AWARD and the selected envelope and playing card will be removed from future draws.
ANY ACE playing card revealed in the envelope drawn concludes the license.
ANY NON-ACE playing card revealed in the envelope drawn will result in the SECOND PRIZE JACKPOT carrying forward to the next SALES PERIOD.
A total of 33,030,000 ticket stubs with a total value of $30,000,000 are available in the following quantities:
- 230,000 single tickets at $10 each,
- 370,000 packages of 10 tickets for $20;
- 230,000 packages of 50 tickets for $50;
- 88,000 packages of 200 tickets for $100.
How to Purchase Tickets – Tickets can only be purchased on-line until the 11:00 PM cutoff on the date of each FIRST PRIZE DRAW. In the event no ACE is drawn, sales will resume at 9:00 AM following the SECOND PRIZE DRAW.
Tickets may be purchased with Visa and MasterCard. The lottery committee's liability is limited to the purchase price of the ticket. No refunds on tickets purchased will be issued to anyone for any reason.
For the INITIAL SALES PERIOD July 5-9, 2021:
- All persons who have acquired a ticket(s) from 9:00AM, July 5 to 11:00 PM July 9, 2021 are eligible for the daily FIRST PRIZE DRAW on July 9, 2021.
For each day of the DAILY SALES PERIOD July 10-18, 2021:
- All persons who have acquired a ticket(s) from 9:00AM to 11:00 PM on the date of the FIRST PRIZE DRAW are eligible for that day’s FIRST PRIZE DRAW. For clarity, during the DAILY SALES PERIOD tickets are only eligible to win on the date purchased.
For each week of the WEEKLY SALES PERIOD July 19 - September 26, 2021:
- All persons who have acquired a ticket(s) from 9:00AM at the start of the weekly sales period to the 11:00 PM cutoff on the date of the FIRST PRIZE DRAW are eligible for that week’s FIRST PRIZE DRAW. For clarity, during the WEEKLY SALES PERIOD tickets are only eligible to win during the week (Monday to Sunday) purchased.
A ticket receipt will be issued by email for all purchases. The receipt will include the bearer ticket number details.
Steps to be taken if winner not located: For each winning ticket drawn, we will notify the winner via all contact information provided at the time purchase.
Prize will be awarded no later than 60 days following the conclusion of license.
Alternate method of awarding prize if winning ticket not sold – not applicable.
Only upon demonstrating extraordinary circumstances to Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission will the Licensee make a request for draw date extension.
The winner has one year from date of draw to claim their prize. If the winner is not located, a letter will be forwarded to Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC) informing them that the prize will be donated back to the organization.
In the event a winning ticket has more than one name on it, the licensed charity shall award the prize to the person whose name first appears on the ticket. Neither, the licensed charity or AGLC shall be responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket.
The Calgary Exhibition & Stampede Limited respects your privacy. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. The personal information collected by the Calgary Exhibition & Stampede will be used to process ticket orders and to contact you regarding ongoing and future lotteries.